Disney are bringing their 1989 classic The Little Mermaid to a few select screens in the US. As most parents and children have seen the classic Disney have asked all the cinema goers to bring their iPads for a special experience. The Little Mermaid Second Screen Live show requires all cinema goers to download the Disney Little Mermaid Second Screen application from the App Store prior to arriving to the theatre.
Disney say that ‘the App gives friends and family a chance to play games, sing along with songs, find hidden treasure and compete with other audience members for great prizes’.
The Little Mermaid: Second Screen Live won’t be shown everywhere and will only be shown in the USA. it’s a limited engagement to boost interest in next month’s release of the movie on Blu-ray. If you’re in the US you’ll be able to find a showing at the following theaters starting Friday, September 20:
- City Center 15: Cinema de Lux; White Plains, NY
- Farmingdale Multiplex Cinemas; Farmingdale, NY
- Arclight Beach Cities; El Segundo, CA
- Arclight Sherman Oaks; Sherman Oaks, CA
- Muvico Thousand Oaks 14; Thousand Oaks, CA
- AMC Empire 25; New York
- NY AMC Garden State 16; Paramus, NJ
- AMC Burbank 16; Burbank, CA
- AMC Downtown Disney 12; Anaheim, CA
- AMC Bay Street 16; Emeryville, CA
- AMC Town Center 20; Leawood, KS
- Century Huntington Beach and XD; Huntington Beach,
- CA Cinemark West Plano and XD; West Plano, TX
- Carmike Wynnsong 16; Knoxville, TN
- Carmike 15; Columbus, GA
- And a special run is taking place at the El Capitan theater in Los Angeles, CA on Sundays & Thursdays from September 15th through October 13th.
- Disney Wants You To Bring Your iPad To The Little Mermaid Screenings (gizmodo.com.au)